- Production Horticulture Diploma or a degree in Biology, Agriculture, Horticulture, or equivalent commercial growing experience would be ideal.
- Strong understanding of genetics and plant care including a comprehensive knowledge of strains
- Maintain extra attention to detail to achieve consistently high quality and yield
- Manage a large-scale production facility, including: ensuring cleanliness of the facility, managing budget, cost, performing general administrative duties, and purchasing materials as needed
- Recognize potential problems and execute correction measures
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government
- Minimum 5 years of Canadian commercial experience producing flowers of food
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, etc. and harvesting/trimming, drying, curing, manicuring
- Extensive experience in propagation
- Experience with automated environmental control software, programming, determining set points and monitoring practices.
- Familiarity with industry software for production management, recording, and monitoring – seed to sale tracking software
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage time, set priorities and handle many obligations at the same time
- Strong verbal communication, leadership, and managerial skills
- The ideal candidate should also have strong expertise in mold and pest prevention without the use of synthetic/commercial pesticides
- Knowledge of Canada’s Cannabis Act, regulations and production requirements would be the valuable attribute
- Require to manage and guide cultivation team and make adjustments if necessary in order to achieve goals on a daily and monthly basis
- Ensure you and your team are following regulatory procedures and policies
- Assist in the hiring and training of all production staff
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary
- Must not have any criminal convictions or arrests involving drug-related offenses, (a criminal record check with the RCMP will be required prior to any offer being made).
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your application to HR@BBTINC.CA with your resume included. We thank everyone for your interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.